Solve A Problem / FAQ
If your issue is not addressed below, please CONTACT US or phone (250) 541-8856..
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does the auction work?
A. Take a look through our various categories. Once you've found something you would like to bid on, place your Maximum Proxy Bid. This number should be the most amount of money you are willing to pay for this item. Once you've placed your Maximum Proxy Bid, our system will bid for you if someone outbids you (only up to the amount you've specified).
Q. I think I won an item, now what?
A. If you were the successful bidder, you will receive an email with instructions on how to pay/claim your item(s). Auction Okanagan ONLY communicates through our automatic emailing system. If you think you won an item but didn't receive an email, please check your Junk/Spam folders or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. How do I pay for/claim my item?
A. All items are held at Beach Radio Studios in Vernon, BC. You will have 48 hours to pay for your item(s) online through the link on your invoice. If your items are not paid for within 48 hours of the auction closing, we reserve the right to move onto the next highest bidder.
Q. What if I don't want one of my items?
A. We have implemented an "All or Nothing" Rule. Bidders must accept and pay for ALL of the items they have successfully bid on or they must choose to forfeit all of their items. No picking and choosing after the auction has closed.
Q. How can I recover a lost or forgotten password?
A. Send yourself a password reset via email.
- From the sign in page select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address associated with your account and click the [Submit] button.
- Check your email inbox. If the email does not arrive in your inbox be sure to check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
Q. How do I change my password?
A. You can change your password at any time.
- From your logged in account, go to your "My Account" area.
- From the left hand menu, select "Account > Password."
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking the [Change Password] button.
Q. Why am I not receiving any emails?
A. If you are not receiving expected site emails, please check the following:
- Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for the missing emails.
- Make sure that your email address, in your account settings, is entered correctly.
- Verify that your email client, such as Outlook, is not in “offline” mode.
- If you use a POP3 connection to retrieve your email, please verify that the emails were not downloaded to a different computer.
If you are still not receiving our emails, please contact us.
Q. How do I change the email address tied to my account?
A. You can change your email address by editing your account details within your “My Account” area.
Q. Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
A. Every user must select a username for their account. The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. We recommend replacing all [spaces] with either an underscore or hyphen.
Incorrect: MY Username
Or, it says that the username selected is already in use.Usernames are unique. Two users cannot share the same username. If you get a notice during registration that your username is already in use, you will need to select a different username.
Q. Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
A. If you get a notice that your email address is already in use when creating an account, it means that you have already created an account with us at some point. If you do not remember your login information, please enter your email address into the forgotten password form and you will be able to reset your password and log in to your account.